Grant H. HowardShareholder
- Email Us
A lifelong resident of Birmingham, Alabama, Grant Howard joined the firm in 2011 as a trial attorney. He has litigated cases in federal courts, state courts, municipal courts, and administrative agencies. He has practiced before every federal district in Alabama and a majority of the county circuit courts in the State of Alabama. As a true “general practice” lawyer, Grant represents a broad array of clients ranging from individuals to businesses and government agencies.
Grant has extensive experience in all facets of litigation, from the initial investigation and pleadings, to trial verdict. He has experience handling a broad spectrum of civil lawsuits, including personal injury claims, civil rights litigation, fraud, landlord-tenant disputes, product liability, construction law, wrongful death, employment law, property and real estate disputes, education law, government and municipal law, corporate/shareholder disputes, probate, and contract law. Approximately 90% of his practice is devoted to litigation, consisting of both jury and non-jury cases.
Grant also maintains a diverse transaction practice. He has handled a variety of transactions, including commercial and residential real estate closings, tax-exempt municipal bonds, secured/unsecured lending, private equity/stock sales, and commercial asset sales. He has served as lead counsel or co-lead counsel in transactions totaling over $25,000,000.00 in principal amount.
Professional Memberships and Appointments
- Alabama State Bar
- Shelby County Bar Association
- President: 2016
- Vice-President: 2015
- Secretary: 2014
- Treasurer: 2013
- Birmingham Bar Association
- Shelby County Judicial Commission, Nominating Committee (2013-2016)
- Indigent Defense Advisory Board Committee, State of Alabama, 18th Judicial Circuit (2016)
- Alabama Association of Municipal Attorneys (“AAMA”), Member
- Leadership Shelby County, Class of 2020
- City of Chelsea Municipal Court, Prosecutor (2017-present)
- Alabama Autism Society, Junior Board, Member
- Beta Theta Pi Fraternity House Corporation, University of Alabama
- Birmingham Beta Theta Pi Alumni Association